Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Jim asks about his 16 year old daughters acne.

Hmmm, so many solutions. But I do have one that I forced my children to try and as they have grown reminded me AND thanked me.

First buy some cheap aspirin. Not the coated kind, but the basic white tablets found anywhere.
Get a small cup, jar or do-dad-thingy you have to mix a small paste. 1 part aspirin to 3 parts water. you can crush the aspirin or just let it fall apart on its own

Ready? Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory so you can put it directly on a red, swollen or sore one. This should bring down the redness and swelling. Aspirin also contains salicylic acid, which is in most acne treatments (for a price might I add!). This compound will help dry up the acne.  Dab some on with a clean cotton ball (do people actually use dirty ones?) Best used at night before bed because you don't want the world seeing your face with a layer of white crust.

Simple, natural and the same thing a high priced cream would do.

BONUS: crush 2 aspirins to a pulp and apply with your shampoo each time. Leave it on for 1-2 minutes and rinse. Again, the salicylic acid is the same that is in medicated dandruff shampoos. Less processed garbage in your and you won't smell like a medicated wash!!

Keep me posted Jim.

-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment