Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Gym and my wife....

Dear Dana,

What a cute site you are trying to start. Although there are only several posts so far I find that I learned a bit from each and they all had a hint of humor in them. That was refreshing.
I have a question for you and lets see if you can possibly help.

I have been married for 3 years and have an 18 month old son. My wife walks around the house constantly complaining that her weight has gone up. She eats pretty well and is not a big snacker. She has little time to exercise but does do some aerobics in front of our TV when she can. Question is... Our anniversary is coming up and I would like to get her a small home gym but am afraid I will insult her and hurt her feelings. I love her more than anything and am just trying to give her something she would want. Is this the right thing to do or should I just go out and buy the old standard of jewelry?

Can't wait to hear your response.
B.W.
Houston


B.W.

Wow, are you up shits creek! Seriously, you are doing all the right things. Hearing that you love your wife is wonderful and how proud you must be of your newest member.

Personally I think that a small home gym is a great gift. However, you did not mention your age and with a young child I will assume you are younger. Some woman might take your gift as an insult but you have to be strong knowing that you married this amazing woman and you know what she likes. Be positive. Might I suggest that you also get her a new work-out outfit and give that first. Then when presenting your other gift let her know it is for the both of you technically and if you BOTH enjoy it then maybe you could join a local gym TOGETHER in the future. Tell her that YOU need it as well, even if you are the fittest man there is, let her know that your love handles need help too.

Now at this point she will either think you are the bestest hubby for listening to her needs or be a tad upset. Don't let that bother you. Wrestle her to the floor, throw some kisses on her and make the moment that much more fun. Then pull her off the floor, suggest a shower and a babysitter and tell her that you are taking out to dinner to pack on a few pounds so you both can come home and try out that new gym.

Never waste moments on being mad or upset. If you change the moment when it starts to unravel then it will ALWAYS have a better outcome I promise.

I hope you both have many happy years together and get much use out of your gym. Teach your little one good habits as he grows as well and don't forget that home gyms make great places to toss your clothes at the end of the day and are never a waste of money..expensive clothes hangers but never a waste.

Best wishes!!

-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment