Thursday, March 6, 2014

Panic Attack Help without severe drugs...

Good Afternoon Everyone,


I am so busy today that I haven't had a moment to post much. But I did get an email from Sue who asked kind of an offbeat question, but I did say I can answer anything.

So Sue... here is MY answer.

Dana,
My name is Sue and I have experienced anxiety/panic attacks for the last few years or so. My doctor prescribed xanax but on a limited basis. I am out of them and he refuses to give me another prescription right now. I don't take them every day just when needed and i could really use one. Do you have an answer for this?

Thanks, Sue


Hi Sue,

First.... breathe. In through your nose and out through your mouth. The biggest inhales you can take. Do 3 of these every 2 minutes until you can calm just a bit. Now, like I said in a previous post, we are a family of herbalists so I'm not high on the pill/drug thing but I do have an answer.
*DISCLAIMER ... I am not a doctor nor do I claim to be. Always consult your doctor before trying anything new or even holistic.

Now, back to your question. you can take Arnica Montana and Magnesia Phosphorica. These will help calm and are great for inflammation. There are several herbal remedies, that taken daily can reduce some stress and give you a relaxed feeling. But again, read up on them. However, if you are having a panic attack and need relief TILL you can see you doctor or health care professional you can take a Dramamine or a motion sickness pill. This will stop the spinning and nausea and calm you enough to get by. It will make you sleepy though so it is best NOT to drive or do anything that could injure you or anyone else. Lay down and relax. Wake up and feel better. 

Again, the most important thing is to learn breathing exercises. Learn to self calm. I know, I know... people always tell you to think happy thoughts huh? Don't they know if you could do that you wouldn't have these attacks? Do they think you enjoy them? Unless you have suffered from them it is hard to explain to someone what you are going through. Breathe, meditate and learn to self soothe is a start till you can slowly ween yourself off drugs.

Best Wishes Sue seriously!! I'm here if you ever need to just vent.

-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment