Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I'm so laughing because "Gloria" sent a photo with her question and it reminded me of, well....me!

Before I was a mom, caterer and all round go to "mom" I had my nails done at the salon weekly. I loved the reds and dark oranges but after awhile when time was not so readily available and funds slowed down I just gave up on the manis and pedis and opted to let my fingers and piggies breathe for awhile.

However, the hint of color remained in a dusty haze that was noticeable to me. Nobody else actually cared.

Solution? Grab yourself a lemon or grapefruit and when your bottom is plopped down on the couch, dig your nails into it. Something like a cat clawing on your best leather sofa. Takes only a few minutes a day but in a few days those nails will be beautifully white. Just think, you didn't use any chemicals on them at all either!

Heavy stains? Cut the lemon in half, use the juice for some fine lemonade (maybe a gin and tonic) and scratch the inside with your nails.

Minor disclaimer here folks... if your skin is sensitive PLEASE wash hands when you are done and lotion up them fingers. Lemon is a form of exfoliant  and will thin those rotten dried cuticles as well (for me this is good) for you, maybe not. Not to mention if you are like me... I rub the lemon/grapefruit oil that has come out of the skin all over my hands then love all over the hubby. Once he say how wonderful I smell, THEN I go wash them off. That's a free bonus :)

Hope this works out for you Gloria.

-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment